Dictionary written in English of the most common 3000 Chinese characters. These characters appear in 99% of Chinese media.
- More than 14.000 words and expressions.
- This is a dictionary of simplified characters but it also includes the traditional ones.
- It used the systems Hanyu Pinyin and Zhuyin Fuhao.
- Provides the definition in English of each character.
- It offers words with the character analysed and definitions in English.
- This dictionary teaches the number of strokes of each character. It also provides a model in which the user can see the correct way to write the characters.
- It also shows the frequency of use of each character and also which rad¡cal should be used.
This dictionary is adapted to the list of 3000 essential characters published in 1997 by the Ministry of Education. Based in this list, they have included more than 14.000 sentences and expressions from different sources. As a matter of fact, when they had to select each expression, they tried to pick modern and useful ones.
This dictionary includes the traditional shape of the characters.
All 3000 characters in this dictionary have been classified by its spelling in the phonetic system Hanyu Pinyin. Those characters with the same pronunciation can be ordered by the number of strokes .
Definition in English
This dictionary shows all posible meanings in English in characters and words. These definitions seek to be clear and short. For the expressions, instead of the literal translation, a implicit meaning in English is given.
Far East 3000 collection:
-Far East 3000 Chinese Character Dictionary (Simplified Character)
-Far East 3000 Chinese Character Dictionary (Traditional Characters)
-Diccionario de 3000 caracteres chinos (Spanish version)
Description by the publisher:
This dictionary refers to the 3,000 essential Chinese characters. We have arranged these characters according to their spelling in the Hanyu Pinyin phonetic system. To help students learn and practice characters, each is accompanied by a stroke-by-stroke diagram. Contained in each entry are the simplified and traditional forms of each character, Hanyu Pinyin and Zhuyin Fuhao (Mandarin Phonetic Symbols) phonetic systems, radicals, stroke numbers, phrases, idioms, and English definitions. For greater ease of use and flexibility, there are four indices to the dictionary: Pinyin, Zhuyin, stroke number, and frequency. If one learns the 3,000 characters in this dictionary, one will be able to recognize 99 percent of the characters published in various Chinese media.