Click here to access the audio files
Rainbow Bridge Graded Chinese Reader is Sinolingua's new collection of graded readings.
The stories are adaptations of literary and Chinese history: Mythology, legends, folklore, biographies, historic tales etc.
The Courtesan Li Wa tells the story of Gao, the son of a rich family. When Gao goes to take the imperial exams in Chang`an, falls in love with Li Wa, a beautiful Courtesan.
The new feature of this collection is that now, English translations have been added.
The serie has multiple levels:
Starter: HSK 1, CEFR A1 / Vocabulary: 150 / Characters: 1000
Level 1: HSK 1-2, CEFR A1-A2 / Vocabulary: 300 / Characters: 250
Level 2: HSK 2-3, CEFR A2-B1 / Vocabulary: 500 / Characters: 500
Level 3: HSK 3, CEFR A2-B1 / Vocabulary: 750 / Characters: 750
Level 4: HSK 3-4, CEFR B1 / Vocabulary: 1000 / Characters: 10000
Level 5: HSK 4, CEFR B1-B2 / Vocabulary: 1500 / Characters: 15000
Level 6: HSK 5, CEFR B2-C1 / Vocabulary: 2500 / Characters: 25000
- Each story has an presentation of all characters written in English and Chinese.
- It includes glossaries throughout the book of the words that do not belong to the level but they are necessary to tell the story. In these words, the reader will find the pinyin, the meaning and one example of how to use it.
- At the end of the book, the reader will find reading comprehension questions.
- The book includes answers for self studying.
- Audios are available through the publisher's website.