Rainbow Bridge Graded Chinese Reader is Sinolingua's new collection of graded readings.
The stories are adaptations of literary and Chinese history: Mythology, legends, folklore, biographies, historic tales etc. Romance of the Three Kingdoms is the adaptation of one the most famous novels in China. The story takes the reader to the times of the dynasty Han to represent the social and political situation, specifically, the conflicts between Wei, Shu and Wu kingdoms.
The new feature of this collection is that now, English translations have been added. In fact, at the end of the book, the reader will find the English version the book.
The serie has multiple levels:
Starter: HSK 1, CEFR A1 / Vocabulary: 150 / Characters: 1000
Level 1: HSK 1-2, CEFR A1-A2 / Vocabulary: 300 / Characters: 250
Level 2: HSK 2-3, CEFR A2-B1 / Vocabulary: 500 / Characters: 500
Level 3: HSK 3, CEFR A2-B1 / Vocabulary: 750 / Characters: 750
Level 4: HSK 3-4, CEFR B1 / Vocabulary: 1000 / Characters: 10000
Level 5: HSK 4, CEFR B1-B2 / Vocabulary: 1500 / Characters: 15000
Level 6: HSK 5, CEFR B2-C1 / Vocabulary: 2500 / Characters: 25000
- Each story has an presentation of all characters written in English and Chinese.
- It includes glossaries throughout the book of the words that do not belong to the level but they are necessary to tell the story. In these words, the reader will find the pinyin, the meaning and one example of how to use it.
- At the end of the book, the reader will find reading comprehension questions.
- The book includes answers for self studying.
- Audios are available through the publisher's website.
This book is suitable for students of level 4 of HSK.