Click here to access the audio files for Integrated Chinese, Volume 4, Textbook
This book is the fourth edition of the fourth level textbook of the method Integrated Chinese, designed for students with an intermediate level of Chinese. On this level, the Chinese characters do not include pinyin and the traditional characters are included along with the simplified ones.
Integrated Chinese is a communication method that provides authentic Chinese texts with a very useful vocabulary of frequent use. It also includes sections that encourage students to learn vocabulary related to their personal interests.
All textbooks of this series are characterized by a perfect layout in colour that highlights the most important aspects of study in different colours in each unit.
These are the main features of the book:
- Simple grammar explanations
- Plenty of sample sentences
- Syntax exercises to support the grammar explanations.
- Language practice through activities.
- Language-related cultural notes.
- Social network vocabulary
- It encourages students to take an analytical approach to character learning, i.e. by focussing on the character components.
At the end of the book students will find some very useful appendices such as vocabulary glossaries by grammar category and the dialogues of the units translated into English.
This book is complemented by Integrated Chinese, Volume 4, Workbook, and Integrated Chinese, Volume 4, Character Workbook.
Description by the publisher:
Integrated Chinese is an acclaimed Mandarin Chinese language course that delivers a cohesive system of print and digital resources for highly effective teaching and learning. First published in 1997 and now in its 4th Edition, it has become the leading Chinese language textbook series in the United States and beyond.
This time-tested series has been fully revised to align with the needs of today’s learners:
- Grammar now includes exercises to consolidate the language forms just learned
- Language Practice across interpersonal, interpretive, and presentational activities
- Get Real with Chinese uses realia to situate language learning in a real-life context
- Chinese Chat models how language is used on social media
- Characterize It! encourages students to approach the learning of characters analytically
- How About You? now includes visual cues to promote vocabulary expansion and retention
- Compare & Contrast activities further enhance the updated Cultural Literacy resources
- Lesson Wrap-Up includes context-based tasks to help assimilate and produce language
- Make It Flow! scaffolds development of continuous discourse in written and spoken forms
- Interactive content provides a truly blended teaching and learning experience
The 4th Edition is also available as a fully integrated online digital product on the ChengTsui Web App.