See this link for the audio files for Beyond the Basics, 2nd Edition
Second edition of Beyond the Basics, is, as its title implies, a book that provides intermediate level students of Chinese with the necessary resources to reach an advanced level of this language.
It is a textbook with a communicative approach that throughout its 15 chapters provides students with dialogues, new vocabulary, grammar explanations and exercises.
For this second edition the vocabulary has been updated, additional exercises have been included and the Chinese texts are displayed in their simplified and traditional version. The audio file can be downloaded online.
Description by the publisher:
Beyond the Basics takes intermediate and advanced-level students of Chinese to new heights of interpersonal communication. The updated second edition textbook with free audio downloads takes a communicative approach to contemporary and thought-provoking conversation topics such as childhood, vocation, crime, poverty, romance, politics, art, and the meaning of life. An emphasis on the spoken language encourages serious dialogue among students, while task-based activities require genuine, active communication and create a meaning-centered atmosphere.
Each of 15 chapters comprises a model dialogue, discussion questions, an indexed list of new words, text pattern explanations, and supplementary vocabulary.
This second edition of Beyond the Basics was field tested at Middlebury College, and features:
- Newly revised content and vocabulary to reflect the contemporary field of Chinese language learning.
- A greater variety of exercises and activities.
- A Suggested Teaching Methodology Index and Vocabulary Index.
- Both simplified and traditional characters, with pinyin for new vocabulary.
- A new design that makes it easier for students of both simplified and traditional characters to follow the text and exercises.
- Free access to online audio downloads.
第二课 描述一个人（DESCRIBING A PERSON）
第三课 推销高手（MASTER SALESPERSON）
第四课 各行各业（EVERY FIELD OF WORK）
第五课 难题几则（PROBLEM SOLVING）
第六课 午餐（DINING OUT）
第九课 爱情（LOVE AND ROMANCE）
第十课 贫穷问题（POVERTY PROBLEM）
第十一 课文化（CULTURE DISCUSSION）
第十三 课选举（POLITICAL ELECTION）
第十五 课即席演讲（PRESENTING YOUR OWN SPEECH）