Book Audio & Student Resources
Chit-Chat Chinese YouTube Channel
Chit-Chat Chinese (Simplified character) (1 book + 1 CD) is a new method to learn Chinese language. It is targeted to students who start from the very beginning, does not matter if they are adults or teenagers (From 14 years old). The textbook and the workbook are integrated into the same book.
Chit-Chat Chinese (Simplified character) (1 book + 1 CD) uses a method that consist in repetition of structures to fix what it has been learnt. It also uses a logic and progressive construction of Chinese.
The book has many interesting sections that include cultural notes, study tips, pronunciation, etc
Answers can be found at the end of the book and also vocabulary annex, grammar etc.
- Dialogues and audios use a practical Chinese based in daily life.
- Characters are simplified and they use pinyin.
- This book can be used by self-taught people.
Description by the publishers:
Beginner Mandarin Textbook & Workbook (with audio CD's)
- 12 colorful lessons with audio support
- Workbook included in textbook
- Useful for self-study or in the classroom
- Starts from a total beginner level
- Fun and engaging exercises
- Original "Mandarin Building Blocks" approach
12 Chapters with Unique "Locales"
Pronunciation Plaza - Each lesson starts with pronunciation to warm up
Word Workshop - In this locale students learn new words
Chit-Chat Cafe - This section helps students practice speaking
Grammar Grove - Here grammar is explained simply and in everyday language
Culture Corner - Here students learn the cultural "do's and don'ts"
Advice Alcove - Each chapter finishes with advice on learning
- Progresses in a logical manner, never rushing the student
- Fun and engaging content for adults or teens
- Emphasis is placed on repetition to attain a solid base
- Audio support is included for all pronunciation practice, new vocabulary and all dialogues
- Cultural training is added for well-rounded learning
- All content in both pinyin (Romanization system) and characters