SHORT STORIES IN CHINESE: NEW PENGUIN PARALLEL TEXT
AÑO EDICIÓN: 2013
IDIOMAS: INGLÉS Y CHINO (SIN PINYIN)
Nota de la editorial en inglés:
Short Stories in Chinese: New Penguin Parallel Text
Edited by John Balcom
Here is the perfect introduction to contemporary fiction from the world's most spoken language. These eight short stories, with parallel translations, offer students at all levels the opportunity to enjoy a wide range of contemporary literature without having constantly to refer to a dictionary. Richly diverse in themes and styles, the stories are by both new and well-established writers and range from a story by Li Rui about the honest simplicity of a Shanxi farmer to a story by Ma Yuan exposing the seamy underside of contemporary urban society. Complete with notes, these selections make excellent reading in either language.
Short Stories in Chinese: New Penguin Parallel Text - About the Author
John Balcom is an award-winning translator, a past president of the American Literary Translators Association, and an associate professor and the head of the Chinese program at the Monterey Institute of International Studies.
- Introductory notes in English that set the book in its social and literary context
- Short stories from leading, contemporary Chinese authors
- full unabridged text in Mandarin Chinese
- Complete word-for-word translation in English on facing page
- Convenient paperback format makes key works of foreign literature accessible to the intermediate language learner.